The digital world of marketing is exploding. …And video is one of the most important ingredients to competitive success. Video is truly worth a million words. In fact, Forrester Research supports that one minute of video is worth 1.8 million words. Video is a significant tool to engage your consumer and create conversion. Video should be a central part of any marketing strategy and is important to almost every platform and channel.
Video is the Star: Let the research illustrate just how bright a star! Here is a scan of reported statistics.
- By 2019, global internet traffic from videos will account for 80% of all consumer internet traffic and by 2020, online videos will constitute 85% of all consumer internet traffic in the United States, according to Cisco
- A staggering 78% of people watch online videos every week with 55% watching online videos everyday, according to Hubspot
- Having a video on your landing page, as supported by Unbounce, increases conversion rates by 80%
- Video on social media channels gets shared 1200% more frequently than text and images-SmallBiz Trends. For example, videos on Facebook receives 135% more organic reach than a photo, as reported by Socialbakers and as reported in Forbes, over 500 million people are watching video everyday on Facebook
- Video gets shared organically as research by RendrFx indicates that 92% of mobile users of video share video
- Using the word “video” in the subject line of an email increases the open-rate by 19% according to Syndacast and using video in email increases click-through rate by 200%-300%, according to Hubspot research.
- YouTube reports that mobile video consumption increases 100% every year and Wordstream reports that 72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every 60 seconds
- Video content is more memorable by 43% in comparison to text at 18% and images at 36%, according to Hubspot
- Video is widely dispersed and accessible across numerous platforms
- Video can give your brand authenticity. You can tell your story through video with content that is genuine and appeals to your clients. Video alone does not create trust. It is the content of the video (the message) that matters
- Video marketing is responsible for strong consumer engagement
- Simply put—Video sells. Hubspot reports that 64% of consumers are more likely to buy a product online after viewing a product or company video. ThinkWithGoogle reports that 50% of Internet users seek online videos to help them decide about a product or service before going to a retail location.
Think about what you can do with the power of video. Let video drive purchase behavior for your company. If you are thinking about letting video be the star of your marketing, SkyWest Media can help. Contact us at 575-538-3396. Skywestmedia.com
~Written by Sabrina Pack-PCM